Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Have you prayed to the Ace of Base gods lately?



Calling my friend Mason "Mase of Base" has reminded me of the excellent reggae-ton 90's piece "All That She Wants", and since then I've been appreciating it daily. Yes, it's been overplayed... yes, it was what your parents listened to if you're in my generation... But, what my parents listened to during their teen years is what I listen to... all the time. Even further back to the 80's, and to the 70's.... Then back to what my grandparents listened to. The 60's, 50's, and 40's, even 20's.

The 80's were the first to whip out some seriously strange tunes and videos using technology and succeeding in their popularity on the radio and MTV*.
But, there were quite a few gems in the 90's, Ace of Base being one of them.

"All That She Wants" (album: The Sign)


*"Video Killed The Radio Star" by the Buggles being the first music video shown by MTV...ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment